Tuesday, October 17

Milk & Toast

***Post from Sunday Night***

I love little quirks in people – the small yet strange things that people do, for no particular reason, and are usually unique to particular individuals. I find them rather endearing and cute! For example, my dad has to comb his hair before going to bed. It’s another thing that he doesn’t have much of it left! Rosty can’t stand if it someone takes a bite from his burger and ruins its symmetry. Yes, the burger has to be eaten symmetrically – only God knows how! I absolutely hate it if someone squeezes the toothpaste out of the tube from the middle, leaving a huge dent in it! I mean how difficult is it – squeeze from the bottom!!! *okay, you get the idea* - so like I was saying, quirks are endearing. End of random thought.

Yet another Sunday night, full of determination and plans to 1. Wake up early; 2. Get to work on time; 3. Find the ten minutes in the morning to do yoga; 4. Be efficient on a Monday morning, refrain from whining/lamenting/procrastinating/bumming; 5. Stay focused; 6. Attain work-life balance. Blah blah blah

I just spoke to someone who’s been trying to attain work life balance for over 2 years now – and who’s in the same company. Looks like I have a long way to go…

The weekend’s been fun – too short, as always, but fun! Friday night was spent eating out, hanging out, and playing cards till the wee hours of the morning! Consequently, the Saturday started late in the afternoon, and was spent doing nothing fruitful! Not even laundry! The entire afternoon was spent lazing and chatting with one of the housemate’s friends who was visiting, and was leaving that day. After that, lazed more and watched an extremely dumb movie on DVD – My Super Ex-Girlfriend, or something along those lines. Not even worth the while on DVD! Gorged on Mexican food since I had the strongest craving for it, topped it up with some tequila, and called it a night! I’m getting too old, the nights are ending too early! I did however, flick a copy of The Tipping Point from Rosty’s office, and it’s a good read. Today I got up and in a burst of energy, cleaned the room, did laundry, and made a list of things to do. Then I got exhausted and had a long lunch with Blurry. During this long lunch, I was somehow convinced that I shouldn’t work on a Sunday and so headed out to Vivo City~ it’s a 10 minute ride from my place, and it actually feels like a mall! (I never enjoyed the malls in Singapore as much as the ones in Bkk! ) Watched The Departed, and loved it! Ohhhhhhh, it was twisted! A little too gory for my palette, but still worth the watch! Got home right after and out of guilt, did some work! *some* being the operative word here!

Now I should be ironing clothes for tomorrow morning, but I’m gonna read instead and eventually fall asleep! And wake up tomorrow morning, rush and curse myself for not ironing the night before. I’m used to it, thought. Some people just never learn!

4 comments:

Shishir said...

cudn't hv been better..dont u think, as Calvin said : "Weekends don't count unless u spend them doing something completely pointless"...however pointless is not in not to b taken in a very literal sense...am glad that somehow the genre of ur posts is taking a new turnaround..... :)
Perhaps, some ppl do learn something...after all [:D]

Aesa said...

nice weekend..=)
i love the floor in vivo city. its all shiny and sparkling!i was in vivo city thurs n fri night.
also loved the departed! an overuse of bad language followed after watchin it. but it was great!
i absolutely love lazy weekends! i spent all of mine readin loads of calvin n baby blues n peanuts!!! and thinkin bout next weekend when A wil be back =)

sherene said...

work-life balance? wow, that busy eh? do you mean like long days at work on weekdays or bringing work back home over weekends?

iksha said...

Shishir,
The weekend, yes, couldn't be better. A turnaround in my posts, I don't think so! Its always a mixed bag...

Aesa,
Vivo city's got Gap! yay! *bimbo giggle* I tried to count how many time they cursed in The Departed, and gave up after 15 mins! hehe! n since A is back next weekend, can i borrow the baby blues? ;)you wont need it...*mwahahha*

Sherene,
Either long hours and/or bringing it home! But I have a kick-ass manager, so told him abt this over coffee, and it's all good!