Wednesday, November 8

Two Weeks. In Key Words.

So things have slowed down a bit. Diwali is over. Off – site is over. And Global visit is over. I can finally catch my breath. The remaining 3 days are packed 9-6 with meetings but it’s okay. The worst is over. I still have a job!

the weekend at home was great. As usual, too short. But great nonetheless.

The off site was a huge success. I’d organized a Halloween dinner which kicked major ass. I was very appropriately dressed as a devil! The second night was spent dining in style at Sirocco, located high up on the 64th floor, with even higher prices. Totally worth it. Partying at Bed Supper Club was a mandatory touristy activity and we did due diligence. Day 3 was a sticky one – wanted to come back early to settle work but couldn’t pre-pone the flight. The day was well spent however, shopping, and meeting a friend for lunch. At Siam Paragon. Day 1 had a half spa treatment – foot massage, reflexology, and pedicure! For an unbelievable price. A large part of day 2 was spent at the spa, to escape the afternoon heat, which was phenomenal. So looks like I covered everything that was on the Bangkok list.

Being back was a nightmare, because the following week, i.e. this week, is packed with meetings and the global guests visit. Thankfully, the visit went fine and I have successfully done my first senior management presentation. *yay*

The guests have been entertained well and are on their way back tomorrow. Meetings will be taken care of tomorrow, and the work computer is not to be switched on tonight!

After what seems like a sabbatical, I’ve been on a movie binge. In the past 2 weeks I have seen Devil Wears Prada, The Break Up, Friends with Money, Man of the Year, Don, Prestige, The Good Year & The guardian. Prestige was twisted. Good year – sweet. Not life changing. The guardian – freezing. Devil – entertaining. Don – sleep – inducing. The rest – worth watching on 2X.

Speaking of which, life seems to be running at 2x lately. Everything’s moving fast, and I’m loving every bit of it. The most stressful time at work is over, and after this week, I’ll have more breathing space – which I’m looking forward to. Tickets for India have been booked. Plans to meet up with cousins in progress – and yes, I know a 6-day trip is too short!

New plans in the pipeline are a business trip to china – which would lead to a vacation either in Beijing or Hong Kong. A trip to the US later in the year, which would then lead to a flight up to Canada to see the little one, or visit friends and travel in the States. Hoping to squeeze another site visit on the way. The business trips are confirmed. The vacation plans are in the air. But I’m excited anyways!

Its bedtime – because this entire week is 9am or earlier, which sucks! Team dinner tonight. Company dinner tomorrow. Celebration dinner Friday. How am I expected to fit in my clothes?

4 comments:

sherene said...

whoa, exciting life there! feeling extreme envy at all ur wonderful travel plans. i want, i want!

iksha said...

sherene,
they're just *plans* at the moment! hehe, hoping they materialize! :)
long time! hope all's well! lets catch up soon!

Aesa said...

nice update =)

i really liked the prestige! i think i like 'twisted' in general!
watching don felt like years of my life were just going by, painfully!!

and jus like sherene, am jealous!!!!!

Aesa said...

just an unrelated afterthought. i think i use too many exclamation points.
not good.