Sunday, August 26

Just a Little Bit


It’s a beautiful day outside and for once, I have nowhere to be at, and nothing urgent to do. It’s a refreshing feeling – to not have my mind racing miles ahead of self.

I’ll start studying shortly, and strangely enough, I find that very de-stressing. There is no boss breathing down my neck and I am in control for a change.

This time next week, I’d be home and napping. (Home = Thailand) I’ve taken a week off from work and am going home for 9 days…I should be excited about it but for some reason it feels like a forced holiday. I’m not mentally prepared to take a long break yet, I guess. Or maybe I just haven’t had the time to absorb it’s implications. There is tons of work to be settled before heading off, sigh, and sigh.

At the risk of sounding like an awful person, I’ll say that I feel like thr’s an OD of family time. Don’t get me wrong, I love them and everything. But I think I can use some quiet time instead. Oh well. I do intend on spending a couple of days at the spa! I got a cheap-ass ticket on a budget carrier so that I can splurge on other things openly!

WOMAD was awesome on Friday. I loved the Scottish band, Shooglenifty! The music they created was to die for! The energy on the stage as well as in the crowd was enough to get me dancing non stop and stay on music high! The intensity on the faces of band members if something I love about live music! ADF was LOUD, as expected. But I didn’t love it as much as I thought I would. Maybe its because I was too in love with the long haired dreamy looking Scottish boy playing an instrument (who’s name I don’t know!) The finale party bored me within minutes and I finally dragged everyone home! (Sorry Narenoo!)

I clicked that pic on Saturday sometime close to mid-night while taking a lone walk on the beach. Soon after, I was followed by 2 creepy looking Indian men and I hurried home (after mouthing a few obscenities!) They had the nerve to wait outside the 7/11 while I went to grab a drink n hopefully get rid of them! Mofos!

Back to Sunday – when thankfully it’s not raining. And I’m gonna retire to my notes and the TV in the background, and study Fundamentals of Business Economics! N Soon, a cup of Earl Gray!

2 comments:

Shishir said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

What are u studying?