Saturday, August 18

4 AM

It’s 3:45 AM on a Friday night/Saturday morning and although I should be tucked in bed, sleep seems far far away. This newly developed insomnia is beginning to worry me now. One or two days is acceptable but 4 days of tossing and turning in bed is not quite normal.

It’s been quite a Friday night. The original plan of meeting D for a drink or two at Harry’s and then off home – followed by Rush Hour 3 later at night, was abandoned as the Harry’s gathering increased to 7 people and extended well into, and almost past dinner time. After much contemplation, the movie was over-written by a quick drunk dinner and more drinking at FC. House parties rock – oh so totally! The “crowd” is great, the “DJ” is friendly, and the “dance floor” always has place. The free flow of alcohol and the bed to sprawl on only adds to the fun for a Friday night. Lots of drinking games that revealed interesting facts, dancing and a wine glass that kept filling itself up ( n I don’t even like wine!) kept the party going till 3. I figured I might as well get home and get some sleep so I don’t waste the entire Saturday in bed!

N here I am, wide awake.

The boy has touched down at London, which makes all of this more real than it was when he was in India. This hit me in the middle of the party, with a glass in one hand, and a phone in the other. I was not prepared for the wave that hit me after, but was thankfully caught by well meaning friends. And then I was okay. I am okay, yes.

So that was that.

It’s now 4 am and I still can’t sleep. Damn it.

1 comment:

iz said...

have you tried putting viks vapourub on your eyes? My cousins and I used to do that when we were kid ands because we couldnt open our, we would fall asleep eventually!