Wednesday, August 29

Hey there Delilah

So this Sunday, I'll be at the beach. Not in Singapore, not doing laundry, not studying, but at the beach!!! (Fingers crossed that it doesnt rain)

Somtam, cotton candy, foot reflexology, easy chairs, banana boats, tender coconut (no alcohol, tsk tsk) and a good life! Finally, the fact that I'll be on a holiday has sunk in. I do have to wake up to dial in a conf. call on Tuesday morning, but I'll pardon that cuz I'm just THAT happy today!

Tomorrow is the big company dinner and my team does not have costumes yet! Which is an excellent excuse to leave work at 530 and go shopping! (I want a hot white dress, but I doubt I'll get a chance to...sigh...)

I have been easily annoyed by many people this week - the first being my cheapstake landlord who refuses to fix a leak in my room. It's freakin pouring everyday and he comes n does something to it, which makes NO difference! I think he jus licks off the water n pretends the leak is fixed!!! #$%^&*(@#$%^&*(

I am also highly annoyed at people who are "mature adults" but have the responsibility of a 3 year old. For God's sake, you may be brats of your world's (and I am, of mine) but don't expect me to put up with you, just like I don't expect you to put up with mine. Everyone around you picks up after themselves and takes responsibility for things they do - and as common courtsey to each other. So, please DO THE SAME. Unless you're paying me to do so for you!

Seasonal people irritate me. Here one day, gone the next. n then back. Because hey, I wasn't born to suit your conveniences. and nothing blossoms when you arrive.

Blargh!

So ahem. Anyhoo.

Tonight is the big shopping night. Tomorrow is the big dinner. Friday is the big play. I think I forgot minor things like - packing, buying stuff for family, oh n work. Apparently it makes a difference if 1 out of a 1,000 people go on a holiday!

I must also strategize for my "Improve Dad Revolution" - which entails joining forces with the mother and bro in nagging him endlessly until he gives in and gets a life! Beyond his job, meals, and TV.

I also need to master the art of tuning out the mother when she starts her MBA and/or marriage monologue!

With lots to do and lots to plan for, I should get back to looking busy and pretending to work!

1 comment:

sherene said...

boo :)

sounds like u're gonna have a blast! have fun and can't wait to properly catch up with u once i get back..

i miss hanging out with friends in sg :-/