Wednesday, February 28

This post doesn't deserve a title

Yesterday, at work I had to tell a woman that she’s made a mistake and it was going to cost her team dearly. I am horrible at confrontations. Maybe that’s why she didn’t sound worried at all. I hope she’s prepared for the music she’s going to face today – because she’s managed to annoy a whole flock of hot shots. This is the part of the job that I don’t like much – ugly confrontations. The corporate world is an ugly place, but one must wear pretty shoes here.

Salsa is old news, - not that I love it any less. But I need to start something new. I’m thinking tennis; foreign language ; another dance form ; gym ; guitar ; martial arts; rock climbing; yoga; accounting certification. Spoilt for choices – I am undecided. By next week, I should better enroll in something new. And find the time for it.

I am using far too many hyphens in my writing – they’re beginning to replace all punctuation marks. I don’t know how/why/where I picked up this habit but it is very recent, and mildly annoying. Maybe from work emails, which is the only form of coherent writing I have been doing lately. To do list and groceries list doesn’t count.

It’s a dull day outside, and inside. The gallons of coffee I drank isn’t doing me any good – except for the regular visits to the ladies. Looking at the bright side, at least I’m getting some form of exercise rather than sitting on my butt all day. As you can see, the dullness has now taken over my entire self, including the sense of humor, or the ability to think.

I wonder what it’d be like if I could play the drums. Maybe I should add that to my list of new things I want to take up. Don’t ask where these random thoughts are coming from. I am brain dead today, just humor me.

I wish I was working from home today. It’s the perfect day to be taking conf. calls in boxers, with a huge bowl of cereal and the phone on mute. Crunch crunch. Unmute. “I agree”. Mute. Crunch crunch. Unmute. “I think that yadiyadayaya, what are your thoughts on this.” Mute. Crunch away. Unmute. “Okay, agreed. So the next steps are blah blah blah blah. Timing I’m looking at is blah blah blah. Okay then, thank you.” Mute. Crunch crunch. Hang up.

I thought I’d check the news – but all I could find was how n why the stock market is doing real bad. My reaction - whoopdidoo.

In other news – I have received some tax forms. I am officially a grown up, paying for provident fund and taxes.

This sucks.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww... I'm sure it'll get better!

I lost half my salary in tax this month so lets NOT go there!

iz said...

I am the same way. But I fnd that once I can work up the courage to confront, I do pretty nicely. Chin up gal!