Monday, October 9

Five is a four letter word

I’m extremely homesick suddenly. I don’t know why. My folks called, and I was preoccupied with work, so I hmm’d and uh huh’d during the entire conversation. 10 minutes later, I called them back and told them that I’m coming home for diwali. Alone in this place for 4 days, while my housemates are way, would turn me into a craze-ball. I do have to catch up on work though – but it can be carried home. It’ll give both them, and me, a reason to play with fireworks.

I never thought I was the type who’d miss festivals and vacations with the family, but the thought of the first big festival, when the family is split in 3 different parts of the world, makes my eyes well up. Either I’m turning into a softie or something’s seriously wrong with my hormones!

Its 11pm and I have no motivation to finish off the last bits of work before crashing! Which is probably why I’m writing this post instead!

It’s thanksgiving in Canada. Just a random fact.

My double wish list for Bangkok is taking shape; double because part I with the mother, and part II, without! Christmas shall come early this year! Or just a late birthday present to myself. Presents(s). Either way.

Plans for India are supposed to be taking shape, but I’ve been too busy to enquire about tickets. *reminder to self : book ticket!!!!* I can’t wait! I have to pack 3 years worth of catching up with a dozen people in 7 days. And cover 3-4 cities. AND attend a wedding that I’ve been waiting for, forever. AND call the remaining gazillion people I won’t get to meet. AND spend time with gramma. AND befriend the new additions to the family – kids, and the newly weds!

It’s good to have so much to look forward to!

Ahh I need motivation to finish the little things left!

Reward: grande hazelnut latte & blueberry muffin – guilt-free!

4 comments:

Aesa said...

diwali at home, sounds great =) and so does goin to bangkok as a tourist, and a wedding in india =)
have fun, lucky girl!

remember diwali last yr? wasnt bad. quite nice :) i was quiet though!

iksha said...

Haha, yes I remember last year!;) N u were pretty quiet! But u did say the right something!Mwahahaha! Thats when I was like : yeh, this girl's chill! ;) hehe, Im pure evil!

Aesa said...

lol.. am quiet around people i dunno!
and there were like too many ppl i dint know at all!

but well some people jus step on the right or shud i say wrong nerve!! they amuse and annoy me at the same time! and then i can't keep quiet!

lol.. u know who I am talkin bout!

Aesa said...

lol.. am quiet around people i dunno!
and there were like too many ppl i dint know at all!

but well some people jus step on the right or shud i say wrong nerve!! they amuse and annoy me at the same time! and then i can't keep quiet!

lol.. u know who I am talkin bout!