Saturday, October 7

Snow on the Sahara

*Post written on Thursday night*

-----------------------------------------


I’m going to Bangkok at the end of the month! For a whole of 6 days, and I can’t wait!

Not because I get to go home, but also because I get to stay downtown, without family, and experience the city like a tourist! Why the big deal – because although I spent a major part of my life in Thailand, I was living with family, AND I was a high school kid, so age limit, parents, yadi yadi ya! But this time, it’ll be different. I’m going on a company off-site, but I’m flying in early, so that I can spend the weekend with my parents, and then spend the week with the team at a luxurious hotel, spoil myself silly with shopping, spas, partying, and have no curfews and no one to answer to! Yeh, I know I can do it here in Singapore too – but I’ve always wanted to check out Bangkok like a tourist. N I have a head start, since I’ve already seen the monuments, museums, and other touristy places, I can focus all my energy on shopping, eating, partying, massages, spas, and the like! *yay* I know I can use a holiday by the end of the month, thanks to the ever increasing work load!

Life seems to be in a good place, today. *touch wood* Hope I don’t jinx anything! Tomorrow’s Friday and I am booked all day at a new hire session – which means that a break from regular work! A deadline’s been extended due to this session, and I couldn’t have asked for more!

Sometimes, on good days, I do think that I’ve gotten lucky with most things! Not all, mind you, but most! It’s a good feeling – knowing that I have so much to be grateful for. I think it’s moments like these that replenish my tolerance and the ability to bite it down, when I’m about to lose it! *content smile*

I miss RIS friends today. Think its the talk of the upcoming trip!

The memories that never fail to make me smile. Time, work and distance have come in the way in keeping in touch with everyone – but they haven’t taken away the years I so fondly remember.

3 comments:

Shishir said...

...and I couldn’t have asked for more! *touchwood* ;) , Great to see that other side of the 'coin' in this post after all..and of course more of you...:P

I somehow surmised about you being from bombay, but finally am surprised to find your indian name being in that faraway land....unless it bears some meaning in your thailand language..

iksha said...

Shishir,
Hehe, leemme explain:
1. I am not from Bombay! Temme what made u think so...I'm curious
2. I am from India :)
3. I moved out from India about a decade ago - to Bkk.

Shishir said...

Well Iksha, am not sure how, where and when, perhaps while reading one of your posts or maybe a cross-link to some another one, I assumed your nativity in Bombay. I guess it was something uncanny in the first place.
Anyways, at least I was right in taking you to be an Indian.

So where exactly in India you hail from? and if am allowed to ask more, what exactly is your vocation that keeps you so busyyyyyyyy ? ;)