Tuesday, March 14

Dear Diary! ;)

I’m strangely motivated and discouraged at the same time. Yes, I know that’s two opposite things, but I was motivated enough to wait in lab till 730 plus, to check how my PCR turned out, and not scream when I get no results. At the same time, I was far too discouraged to set up another PCR before leaving, so it’d be done overnight.

It sucks that I’m getting no PCR results. That’s the first step of my sample analysis, and is proving to be the biggest hurdle. Once I start getting stupid PCR products, the rest is *a piece of cake* as my supervisor puts it. Yeah yeah yeah I know it’s a piece of cake, but getting there is just so frustrating! But oh well, I guess I’ll troubleshoot tmr n figure out whether some reagent is contaminated.

So that’s the FYP! Just one of the many things that is not working out! N I have no control over.

The evening’s proven to be rather productive. Finished an assignment, didn’t waste too much time during group meeting, and enjoyed a short walk! *That’s a lot, considering most evenings I just end up staring at the comp and just pretend to be working*

Like I said, I was motivated enough for some things, and too discouraged for others. Motivated enough to complete the assignment, i.e. copy it and too discouraged to try to figure out the bits that I didn't understand. Motivated enough to call a group meeting about the upcoming projects, but too discouraged to care if no concrete decisions were made, and not much was achieved.

Today's too uneventful to qualify as a monday. Everything’s been normal, lunch, dinner, meeting, phone calls, assignments, lab work, everything! Something’s definitely wrong, because its all too normal!!! Nothing messed up majorly. The PCR doesn’t’ count, cuz I was ready to bet fifty bucks that it wouldn’t work anyway. *Gee, so much faith in my own experiment*

This is so like a closure post.

Dear Diary, today I did blah blah blah blah! Recount the events of the day. Call it a night. And crash.

But like I said, the day’s been far too normal! Nothing that could generate strong enough emotions of any type.

Sigh Sigh!

I want to carve my name out on freshly poured concrete.

I want to be home for the Holi Party.

n I discovered an old hindi song, which I had totally forgotten about, and now I love absolutely!

No comments: