Sunday, January 1

n yet another New Year...

I often tried to piece together all of 2005, but it seemed too exhausting a challenge; especially when I couldn’t find the one piece around which I could start the quilt. From time to time, I find myself staring at the pieces floating around and wonder what a quilt of memories it would have been…complete with the sequined bits, the shiny strips, the bright pieces, the velvets, the lace and the ribbons. But then I step on that ugly dark square, and realize that it just wouldn’t fit my otherwise gorgeous work of art. N how about the forgotten pieces, the ones that are hidden in the corners, behind the doors, under the furniture? It would be incomplete without them. N I want a complete quilt, no holes, no gaps, no missing pieces.

So that’s when I gave up trying. Instead of trying to sum up the entire year in an ensemble, and run the risk of missing out some bits, I decided to leave the pieces strewn all over. So that once in a while, I can pick one up and smile. Or laugh. Or cry. And put it back right there, perhaps to relive it again another time.

The celebration was a mixed bag of goodies… long queues but finally a table full of friends at a sexy restaurant…good food, pretty cocktails, lots of laughter and a hefty bill! Jammed phone network, live music, more friends n unfortunately, no dancing! A 2 hr wait at the cab stand, high heels n sore ankles, and finally sweet sleep! Nothing terribly exciting…nothing terribly disappointing. Oh well, a mixed bag indeed.

Then day 1 of the new year, the day that determines how the rest of the year would turn out! *an amusing superstition*

A lazy morning that started earlier than I wanted, with a call from mom n dad. Lots of emails n sms’ wishing everyone a Happy New Year. Chat with hungover friends, and discussions about the previous nite. Long conversations with the loved ones who weren’t around. A lazy n late lunch with the hilarious ones. It only gets better! A sweet phone call from a missed one! Brightens up the dull mood! A cute movie n fun evening with a good friend. N Subway cookies! N a blank FYP report that I refuse to get started on…

Still the cookie junky…still the procrastinator! Somethings don’t change..be it 2006 or whenever!

Not a bad start to the year now, is it?

No comments: