Thursday, December 29

vacation checklist

Like all good things, this trip home has come to an end too!

Sob Sob Sob! :(

Considering this is my last holiday home before I graduate, I had some very elaborate plans to avoid social gatherings and laze around n do absolutely nothing most of the time! That, n a few other things...

Decided to go through my check list for the holidays to evaluate how well my plans turned out!

- Sleep loads: check…the weather couldn’t have been better! Thailand is beautiful in December

- Quality time with mom: check…no TV n internet unless she’s away or sleeping…talked a lot...caught up on everything!

- Talk to bro about uni: errrrrr….din get to do that! We ended up watching way too much Family Guy n other silly TV shows…I did help him with some applications though! N I was nice to him during his exams...so that makes up for it!

- Family time : check…most meals n the entire weekend with family!

- Avoid the internet n the phone : check! I am actually proud I managed to stay away from the computer for so long, esp. now with the decent internet connection and a computer at my disposal at all times!

- Exercise: check….sortaa….hehehehe…jogged on most days that I was in! Was usually away during the evenings…n mornings were too cold!

- Eat good food: hell yeah! A HUGE CHECK!

- Read: check…I managed to finish two books…n halfway through the third! I was hoping to finish 5 of them but there are only 24 hrs in a day …n the eating n sleeping n shopping took too much time!

- Shop: yet another HUGE CHECK! Tons n tons of shopping done! Dad thinks we can smell a SALE sign from miles! He's not completely wrong... ;)

- Meet high school friends: check! N had such an awesome time…thank god, somethings don’t change…too much!

- Bake a cake for X’mas: din manage this one! Ended up going out for lunch n spent the rest of the day shopping...for mom n dad! It was the one day when I went out shopping n din buy anything for myself!

- FYP report : I haven’t even looked at it…which is why I’m gonna be in a huge mess once I get back…!

- Plan the next sem…n a whole bunch of things: Too much thinking required…so postponed for a bit…the strategy is to keep running till I’m cornered!

Hmmmmmmmm

So looks like I got most of the important stuff done! =)

Its all about getting ur priorities right, isn’t it? ;)

1 comment:

Fahd Mirza said...

and its all about your focus and total immersion in things you reckon prioritized.

Nice blog you have.