Wednesday, November 2

A beautiful night...

Its been a beautiful diwali! =)

*huge grin*

Got up late and lazed around in bed for over an hr! Its an amazing feeling to be awake, n yet be too lazy to get out of bed! Too lazy to even reach over the book shelf n pick up the unfinished Identity by Kundera. Mom called n then finally pulled myself out n flopped in front of the comp! Another hr gone! Yes, today was officially declared a lazy day!

Spoke to a few people and then wrote family n friends Happy Diwali emails! Personalized ones, to everyone. Even if they were only a couple of lines. I duno, a CC'd email jus doesnt feel the same. As it is emails rob that personal touch...cc'ing them jus din seem like the right way to send heartfelt wishes and love. An odd 20 emails later, decided its time to shower n kick start the day! Breakfast at lunch! =) Meaning Cereal n Milk for lunch, followed by more bumming around, chatting, dropping my friends' rooms, and *groans* laundry! Finished Identity, a short nap ,and laundry done!

Kundera confuses me! I cannot decide if I hate him or love him! I read *The Farewell Dance* and it left me so frustrated that I had to read another one of his books to decide how I felt! This was a translation from French. Oh, I'd do anything to get a copy in french right now! That should help me decide. I loved the ending...it jus left me so relieved and troubled at the same time! There was no closure, it was up to me to establish my own closure, and I'm still working on it....=) Chantal, the protagonist, is a clear mirror in my face at times, and that scares me. To identify with a character that has been laid out in black and white...its permanence is too overpowering. And I'm the power freak, so anything that overpowers me, annoys me.

Thought I'd take a break n step out for a bit, so went to the lounge to munch on Ritz and skimmed the newspaper. Skimmed because there is nothing substantial to read in it! I could feel the brain cells dying...gave up n came back! Was in no mood to study today at all! =)

Pops called just before the puja at home started...he always does. Its the few mins before they start...while Mom's almost ready and the puja stuff is almost all in place...He'd call me and see what I'm up to, and if n how am I celebrating. I guess its how he makes sure the whole family comes together...for the puja.

Later in the evening, went to a friend's house where she and her bf were hosting a diwali celebration! Was extremely excited that I finally get an occasion to wear an Indian outfit and got all dressed up with bindi, bangles, n everything! *Cursed the Singapore heat a gazillion times* =

They have a cozy apartment, and she had put diyas everywhere in the house, at the entrance, on the stairs, everywhere. Just like home. Sparklers and party poppers in the garden, and then everyone headed back! the uni kids, are deprived of television, so there was a huge war over the remote control, the guys opting for OLD OLD cricket matches highlights and girls demanding chartbusters on Sony or some soap opera! *Yes, it is so stereotypical, but OLD match highlights? Really? I can watch a live game, but ancient highlights...pls!!!*

We all actually watched some silly soap on Zee and lauffed our hearts out! It wasnt a comedy, but watch it wid a group like ours, and u'll see the comic/perverted side of every emotional dialogue! There were puns derived that the writers could never have thought of! Creativity at its best! =)

Awesome awesome indian dinner and more TV =) n then dumb charadez! cheating, screaming, random movie names that no one has ever heard of, TALKING * hello, its DUMD charade...* n what not! Everyone won =)

Laid back, relaxed, stuffed and smiling! A group of 10-15 ppl lauffing away to glory...it really was a sight. Our host very diplomatically handled the TV remote complaints and the adorable hostess was beaming the entire evening, * in a sari that was a gift from her bf's family, as we found out later* and the couple was so perfect together...*Touch Wood* & God Bless*

The walk back to the main road was the icing on the cake...a beautiful night and an amazing wind...hinting that its about to start raining...

It was a warm and beautiful diwali! =)

Cheers, To our host & hostess! =)

And hope that everyone had an equally, if not more enjoyable diwali =)


No comments: