Thursday, November 3

Kindergarten Playground...

Today, during one of those endless incubation hours at lab, I was flipping through the newspaper and decided to update myself on the sports scene! Its been ages since I followed a sport n out of curiosity, I decided to see whats happening in the soccer world!

English Premiere League...Champions League...blah blah blah! OMG where have I been? I have no clue whatsoever abt soccer this season! Except for Rooney's temper tantrums! *Couldn't help it, they made the headlines! *

Reading further, I spotted an article on Man U! Since I cant qoute the newspaper, here's another story...


"Keane's rant aimed at his teammates"

Basically Man U captain blew up on a TV show criticizing everyone in the team...! Considering Man U is not doing so well in the Premier League (oh they're far far behind Chelsea) , it jus seemed like a classic example of kindergarten playground fights! N blaming each other n pointing fingers...gee, how *UNITED* is that! Apparently they did not air the show....darn! I wish I saw the footage...I can almost imagine a little bratty kid with a running nose saying : It wasnt me! We lost because of them!

Really, Grow up! ;)


Rather amused by this, I decided to flip the page, till I saw another article..this one about Arsenal and Chelsea! Hmmm....this could be interesting!

"
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger is considering taking action against Jose Mourinho after the Chelsea coached called him a "voyeur" obsessed with the rival London club." (sports illustrated)

Another article about little tiffs on the playground! n this one even included name calling!

"I think he is one of these people who is a voyeur," Mourinho said. "He likes to watch other people. There are some guys who, when they are at home, they have a big telescope to see what happens in other families. He speaks and speaks and speaks about Chelsea."

Am I the only one who finds this retarded or ...??

N besides, words like Voyeur, obsession, etc. give some rather disturbing images...locker rooms, voyeurs, telescopes...u get the point...!

So 3 of the most popular soccer clubs made headlines in the sports section over tiffs, temper tantrums, name calling, and so on...

Its almost as if they were all hit my some laser, took that magic pill or went into those time machine thingis which take u back to ur childhood, n you wake up 30 yrs younger, in oversized clothes...n start squabbling!

Whatever happened to playing soccer btw?? ;)

No comments: