Sunday, January 6

8 out of 10

It’s slightly late for a year end post I know, but I was laptop-less for the past 2 weeks! I love this time of the year – not because of the festivities but because I like the feeling of closing off a year and everything bad that happened with it – and start the new year with a lot of energy n determination. And no, I don’t lose it all within the first few days. 2007 wasn’t an exception year – since nothing life changing, ground-breaking or earth shattering happened. Well, almost.

Things with family went well – only one major fight, successful negotiations on the “future plans” front and 2 weeks of mom staying with me and me still staying sane! Work was same old, although the team was churned entirely with all new faces and me being the most senior – except for Xonifer. A steady relationship with the Boy, who then decided to pack up his bags and leave. Still steady, touch wood. Including a short stay with the family, ahem. (His, not mine!)

Travels were few – but memorable. I touched down at China, Hong Kong, Philippines, Thailand (many many times), Malaysia, Indonesia, England and Scotland. It’s a start I’d say!

More friends – most of them lovable *wink*. A great new gang in London who I love to bits, colleagues to friends, and girl friends!

Lessons learnt – not to trust all property agents, it could cost you a few grands. Lower expectations from the chosen few, it makes it easier to get along. Stay brutally frank with others - it helps both of you. Keep it superficial, sometimes.

Two 10 km runs – that challenge you to do the 21km next time, and make you believe that you can.

A new-found attraction towards married men, ahem. The less said – the better. Although what is with that?? Whatever happened to the young, single men?!?!

I’d give it an 8 on 10
(The boy leaving and the real estate agent lose 2 points)

With big plans to conquer the world, excel at my new role, travel more, be less mean and materialistic, get healthier, contribute, love lots – I start the new year, and wish the very best for everyone!

No comments: