Friday, September 7

Sands of Time

“I think I’m too old to find solace at *home* and too young for them to understand my need to be elsewhere. “

The little one left after 4 months of “summer,” and both of my parents are understandably very upset. I am trying to inject as much life as I can in the house, but it’s not easy. I think I saw a hint of relief on their faces when we finally got the call that he has landed after his 30 hr journey.

I have finally managed to renew my driving license and I’ve been let loose on the roads. Well, not quite. I am only allowed to drive when the Dad or the driver is present in the car (although it beats me how they’ll be able to do anything considering I have my hands on the wheel and feet on the accelerator!) Driving is my favorite type of high! It beats that JD Coke anyday! I absolutely love driving. I can’t wait to have a car of my own. Oh, we dream…that’s all we can do sometimes.

N wait for Saturday. Because I will be hanging out with some very special people. A mini reunion of sorts, if you will. I’ll be meeting my high school friends and exchanging stories of success and ahem, affairs. We love much.

We also love much, this toll free life, which unfortunately will end in about 2 days time. Sigh.

And sigh.

No comments: