Saturday, August 11

You never walk alone...

The boy has left – moved on to (hopefully) a better place and to better things. The magnitude of the change that has happened has not hit me yet - I just went numb, and then okay. I hate people who go away! The farewell was complete with many promises and strict instructions. (You can NOT do a lot of things, but I can. Because, well, I'm a girl! ) I'm keeping my fingers crossed and planning the December trip.
I slept a lot and woke up with this strange restlessness. I want to fast forward 3-4 years in life to see what it's going to be like. I guess because nothing major and life changing is happening to me personally (like going to b school, changing jobs, moving cities), I just keep imaging what it'd be like if any of these things happened. And the problem with imagination is that there are just SO MANY OPTIONS. I get carried away with these possibilities and weave entire worlds around them, only to realize that I have no idea which one would eventually be mine. Now, I am not a very patient person and therefore the restlessness to know ahead of time. Crystal ball, anyone?
Friday happened, and it over. Boss returned from his holiday, a lot less sour, and back to making politically incorrect remarks about cleavages and other things! I’m both disturbed and relieved! My last few conversations with him were terse, and wanted me to quit my job! To celebrate this lack of grouchiness, JJ and I went and bought ourselves a pair of shoes each. And nutella waffles, in true Friday fashion!
All the plans for the day were scrapped and I found myself in Penny Black eating tons and tons of finger food for dinner and making “high” small talk with random colleagues. Eventually we turned to singing (we had the entire 2nd floor to ourselves and our home brewed band!!) I resisted every offer but finally gave in and …SANG! All of us did, and it was such great fun. My first time ever, singing in front of anyone! N no the mic did not break down! This Belgian hot shot and I tried to kick off the dance floor, but it didn’t quite work out. Once the “party” became boring, I headed off to settlers for a friend’s birthday and then home like a good child. Total alcohol consumption – 1 vodka cranberry. Barely vodka. Too much berry!
So, I’m doing okay I guess. The world hasn’t fallen apart and I’m not miserable. There is plenty to be done and no excuses left!

No comments: