Monday, April 9

Motivate Me...

I gathered up the courage to go on a bike ride, for the second time in my life. The first time was 18 years ago. I am very proud of my achievement.

I promised myself I won’t drink this weekend, and managed a 66.67% success rate. I did drink on Friday, but that’s excusable, since it was super smart and super sexy Sherene’s birthday party! She, btw, was an amazing hostess, busy attending to all her guests, even when she was the guest of honor!!! And before R kills me, I must say that he deserves the credit for pulling together a great surprise party at his place for the lovely gf!

I also managed to watch The Namesake, which I loved absolutely. I always prefer the book to the movie, and this one’s no different. But I don’t think anyone would have been able to paint the book on the screen better than Mira Nair. For someone who hadn’t read the book before, it might have seemed a little disjointed, as she tried to squeeze the entire book in just two hours of screenplay. The acting, however, made up for this little flaw! Oh, and Kal Penn’s kindaa cute, and can pull off a non-comic role pretty darn well!

Friday was the most eventful day, and it all went downhill from there. I slept a lot, but disturbed sleep just adds to the fatigue, rather than curing it. When bothered by something, I seek comfort in buying pretty things, which don’t look so great by the time I get home. I swear, it’s as if during the 15 mins that I take to come home from the mall, the fit, the size, the color, all transforms into something hideous!

The boss is back tomorrow, and I’m not ready to face the music, yet. I want to find a corner and become invisible. Sigh. I was so unproductive all of last week! I just hope that it was a passing phase, and it’ll all be okay from tomorrow.

Its late on a Sunday night and I’m too blah right now, as is evident from this post. But tomorrow is Monday, the start of yet another week. Sigh. You know what I mean…

3 comments:

iz said...

cheer up girlie!

sherene said...

"super smart and super sexy Sherene"

Ok, who's this new Sherene you're talking about!?

How was the bike ride? :) Getting over the fear a bit, I reckon. How goes your week?

iksha said...

iz,
Thanks :)

sherene,

Just take the compliment woman! ;) The bike ride was fun, but I'm still kinda scared! it's so...open!