Monday, November 27

Where we gonna go from here?

I’m bored at the office – 3 out of 5 ppl in my team are away, and the new cute guy isn’t in today. The weather’s gloomy, perfect setting for a Monday – to nap in. I figure I’d be discovered immediately if I tried to nap in a huddle room, so I’m typing away and singing along with Pandora (in my head)

I’ve been considering spending the over-hyped, over-rated, and extremely boring new years at home this time. The options are I could spend half the evening standing in queues in Singapore – restaurants, clubs, loos, taxi stands, or I could be at home, at a simple party with the family friends. Singapore – hassle + booze. Home – no hassles + no booze + very good food. I’m stumped. And then there’s the question of whether to go home for X-mas (4 days), New years (5 days) or for the whole stretch and manage a 10 day break. Stumped yet again.

A sexy little ixus has been purchased with my name on it. It’s cute, small, fits the purse, and takes great pictures! My very sweet boss, upon hearing that I intended to buy a camera, offered to pick it up for me from Hong Kong, on his biz trip, and got me a great deal. Lower price plus a 2 GB memory card! Now I can’t wait for him to get back!

The little one just messaged to tell me that he’s going to Toronto for the x-mas break – that lucky brat. He’s also getting an ipod for x-mas, because he’s doing very well at uni, and his sister feels awful that he’s away from home this holiday season. Did I mention, he’s a lucky brat! ;)

I realize that I’m left with only 1 weekend to go to India and I haven’t done any presents shopping. And I am spending half of my next weekend taking part in an Amazing Race, which is to raise funds for a comm. service project the girls are involved in. The Little Devil and Tipsy will rough it out in Calcutta for 3 weeks – spending time educating, and doing projects with the less fortunate children. I couldn’t be more proud to have friends, with the biggest hearts. A big cheers to the girls, and this project.

Travel agent’s are irritating – they ask a gazillion questions and then find me no bookings. So I’m taking matters in my own hands - off to book my tickets, and day dream about India and then home!

1 comment:

Shishir said...

If I write, it would sound clichéd and made up. So am not writing. Maybe some day I would. But for now, all I can say is, you must be definitely as naive yet cute, mysterious yet simple and vigorous yet soothing as your posts are.

~No more a passerby !