Wednesday, September 6

Like you're a problem girl

I’m back after a holiday that was far too short and leaves much to be desired. Sleep was abundant, shopping was minimal (not by choice), and socializing was completely neglected. Had one of those rare moments when the phone was ringing and I let it…without answering it. The feeling of being disconnected was limiting at first, and then liberating. All in all, a good break at home that ended too soon.

The little one leaves for college in a few days, a long 32 hr journey ahead of him. *shudders* Oh well! Now I can start planning my vacation to the other side of the world and save for it! Resolution no. 15437, one of the many that I make every time, on the flight back from home, and promise to myself that this time I’m gonna pull it together. These resolutions range from sleeping on time, to eating healthy, to taking up that postponed salsa class, to stop biting my nails. The last one seems almost impossible! I’ve tried everything. Any suggestions?

I was only gone a day, but judging from the work that’s piled up, it seems like I have a lifetime’s worth to catch up. Okay, this was the last of me complaining, I promise. Resolution no. 15438. *giggles*

I have managed to keep up with some of my resolutions – I did wake up early, I did take the bus to work (as opposed to the cab) and I did eat healthy and early. Or at least, relatively. I’m proud. Tomorrow I’ll try to find the 10 mins in the morning for the few yoga exercises that my mom’s been trying to make me do forever. I know I should, but tell my sleepy self that. I must say that my sleepy self is extremely cranky and unreasonable during the wee hours in the morning. I plead innocence!

Its middle of the week and I don’t feel like working at all! n it is a Wednesday night after all! *resist temptation; must work to come to work tomorrow on time, must take bus, must not be hungover*

I love my team at work! Its small, which means I can get everyone nice souveniers and still not be broke! ;) Picked up some cute aromatherapy thingis with gels, carved candles, incense and the like...!

Tonight I shall sleep early…this incessant yawning at work reflects poorly! Pandora is misbehaving; playing very distasteful music! N I am wasting too much time skipping songs! Highly inefficient at this hour…and not looking fwd to the string of meetings in the next few hours. Sigh and Sigh.

The mom has asked some questions that I cannot answer. I remember saying “Ma, you don’t get it;” I understand her questions, but I don’t think she understands my answers. It went well though…surprisingly no arguments. She did say that she might not understand it all, I live in a different world, far from what her world as a young lady was. I’m glad that she’s left it up to me to handle it though.

I need a night out with the ladies. Fine, the men can come too! Margaritas, music, the right people and the right high.

Even a slight hangover won’t hurt. Slight. *ahem ahem*

1 comment:

Aesa said...

hey.
try putting nailpolish n iodine solution on nails. horrid horrid taste. but u gotta keep doin it for a long time. cos if u stop.. u'll jus go right back to biting! like me:(

'Margaritas, music, the right people and the right high'
I also wannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!