Sunday, January 8

Blame it on the damn rain

It’s strange how the same rain that used to pacify me, is making me so restless; how waking up to a rainy day used to leave me cheerful, yet, this morning’s rain left me unsettled.

All day.

That, and the dream from the early hours of the morning. Which was so intricate, and so vivid that I woke up in the middle and wanted to write it down.

I went back to bed thinking there is no way I’d forget this.

Now, its gone. I don’t remember a single details. Been trying to piece it together all day. And nothing. No luck.

It feels like a great loss.

Someone related to someone close to me passed away more than a week ago. I found out today. I didn’t know him. The news has left me inexplicably disturbed. God Bless his soul.

Finished reading The Scent of Wet Earth in August late last night/early morning today. Ironic how the book ended with the arrival of the much – awaited rain. It’s not a particularly depressing book, and yet one that makes you feel sorry for almost all the characters. I could have cried.

Afternoon with friends. No doubt, we will remain retarded and hilarious forever. And never “grow – up.” What a relief. Thank God, at least we’ll always be laughing.

Someone far, made the heart feel warm when it was chilly outside.

Someone close, and nearby, felt like a stranger. Distant.

A mélange of feelings that finally, leaves one - detached.

Blame it on the damn rain.

No comments: