Sunday, November 6

My little brother...The pest I love!

I miss my little bro...

Thr, I said it. I never thot I would...you see, we were the types who fought constantly, n if we werent fighting, then we were off in our own little worlds, rarely talking or anything. If one of us was upset (for any reason...bad day at school, fight with mom/dad...or anything) the other never asked whats the matter! At school, if our paths crossed, we merely nodded and acknowledged each other's presence ( I suspect this was because most of my friends knew he was my bro, and they'd say hii to him first, so I had no choice...n vice versa)...So when I left home for college, I never thot I'd miss him. He was ecstatic to have the comp, the TV, the house, everything all to himself...


But then, along the past 3 yrs, somethings changed...my bro, who's 3 n a half years younger than me, is now a friend. We treat each other with the same respect as we treat our friends...n he, who doesnt talk to anyone at home, started talking to me. He told me about his girlfriend...knowing very well that I wouldn't go n tell mom n dad. When he's nervous about varsity try-outs, he shuts himself in his room...doesnt talk to our parents...but tells me, "didi, I really hope I'll get through." When he gets in trouble at home, he comes n vents it out to me. Complains about school, family, parents, friends, work, everything...When he wanted to go on some trip, or wanted to continue his varsity sports even with IB Diploma...he msged me and asked me to talk to mom dad...When he couldnt sleep for nights worried about college and where to apply, he came looking for me! He told me about his fears, his worries abt SAT's, college, his aspirations , and what he really really wanted...

My little brother...talks to me. N Every time he msgs, for whatever reason, it makes my day.

When I was going through a break - up, he told me : "Didi, dont let this bother you...its his loss. Really..."

When having a bad day, he'll say something absolutely retarded, which would make sure that somehow the sides of my lips turn upwards n break out in a huge smile!

When I go back home, he tries to teach me how to play ping pong cuz Im so bored! N then pulls his hair out while teaching, cuz I suck and I'd made him promise earlier that he wouldnt yell, or make fun of me.

During late nite soccer matches, he makes the noodles at half time breaks! AND does the dishes!

He's the one who discovers new places to eat and tells me : hey, I'll take u to that Japanese place next time we're out!

When i ask for the computer ... he understands why...and gives it to me! (Then complains to the gf abt the *guests* at his place! )

Today, I was particularly low...and I msged him to find out what mom was up to...think she was sleeping already...he figured I was in a bad mood! We din talk for long...max 2-3 mins...but he said enuf stupid silly things that would cheer anyone up!

He is now 4-5 inches taller than me, and very smugly, asks me : so hows the weather at your level?

He looked so handsome at his prom that I showed off his pics to everyone! The fact that he's a popular kid at school...the fact that he's a good kid, who knows his sports at important to him, and hasnt given in to the gazillion temptations one faces at school...the fact that he promised he'll do wel in school if we let him continue his sports, and DID...the fact that he's such a good kid...makes me proud! He is, after all, my brother! =)

Soon, he'll be off to college too...sighh...

Kids these days...they grow up so fast!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Someday I'd like to have that connection with my bro...we talk more now but its not like that close bond still...oh well...he's in his own world ...in that teen stage...but then again so is your brother...I dunno...he asks me for help with like resume, college stuff, but still not that personal connection. Lucky you ;)