Saturday, October 29

Homesick!

This is probably the first post where my thoughts have been spilled right out...no flowery language, no spell check, no reviewing what I write and editing!

I wanna go home!

I am really homesick right now...I really really wanna go home. N I'm not saying this just because I'm tired and miss home food, I jus really really want a break, and go sleep in my bed! I have checked out air tickets and have made sure I have all the things required for a visa-on-arrival! That's how serious I am about going home! N there are no flights out! There isnt a single budget flight out of Singapore that I can get for the next 3 days! Not only budget, I tried other airlines too. Nothing, at all! I will try again tmr after lab, at 8 am! on a saturday!!!! If i can, I'm taking the first flight out of this country, even if it is tmr night! It's perfect, and I can manage to sneak off for 3-4 days...except for the lab sampling schedule..which I am sure if I try, I can convince Stan to help me with...but how to find tickets!!!!!

In the past 24 hrs, a cousin of mine who I hadnt spoken to in ages came online n msged me to say hii..n said he's going home for Diwali! N that his sis, is also going back!

Then spoke to a friend just before he flew home for diwali for 2-3 weeks...and when i got back, I had a msg from my bro saying : hey, happy diwali in advance...going home for a week or so...Tty then! N i talk to these ppl everyday!!!

Got back from lab and spoke to mom! couldnt be the mature, responsible daughter anymore...its been quite a week...quite a month actually n just couldnt contain the : mom i wanna come home! she immediately said come home beta! but by then the responsible daughter was mature again n covered it wid a : yeah, i wish, but im really busy! :(

Mom's are amazing...you cant hide much from them! They see right through you...and no matter how hard I try, there is only so much I can hide from her! So fifteen mins later, I am back on msn msging her that I really really wanna come home! By then I'd opened a bunch of budget airlines websites and trying my luck with tickets! N nothing! There isnt a single booking available! By then, Dad calls! N says that Beta, if u can get a booking, jus come home! Its diwali after all! =) We're talking abt being home in less than 24 hrs!! Just the thought brings a huge grin on my face...and then a frown!

- no ticket
- lab schedule
- money
- whatever happened to being a grown up daughter??

but really, I wanna go home just to be with family. Its not running away from anything, or looking for comfort at home when something's not right! Just want to be home for a break... to see family, spend some time with them n relax! 8 days in summer dont realy count and I dont see anytime in the near future too...December break is too busy with FYP, maximum 4-5 days to go home! :( N then next summer....Job, moving out, sigh sigh sigh....

keeping my fingers crossed and hoping tomorrow things will work out...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awww...HUGS! I know how you feel. I miss home too...just that comfort you know...family, familiar space, etc. I hope to see you in dec!