Monday, January 14

Full Circle

On some Mondays, I come in with high spirits, my invincibility cloak and a plan to conquer the world. More often than not, Xonifer or some half baked moron manages to destroy it. But considering it’s only 945 am and Xonifer is not in – it’s too early for him to have done anything. Yet, the spirits are dwindling…many plans to make and many variables that are having fun at my expense.

Over the weekend, half a dozen people asked me when I plan to get married! It may have something to do with the fact that we were around a friend who’s getting married in 7 months, or that I had gone a few thousand miles to meet the boy. It doesn’t help that the mom’s arriving in less than one month and this inevitable question will be asked. It’s not that she wants me to get married tomorrow, or this year – but more like she wants to know “when.” She comes up with many permutations and combinations of how it can happen “sooner” rather than later! Marry and then study, study a shorter course, live separated for sometime and then together (given that I’m bound to Singapore for a couple of more years), etc. I tell her I can’t because studying would be a top priority, which opens a whole new can of worms (as if this in itself wasn’t bad enough)

MBA? Finance? Economics? What to study? Whether to study in 2 years or 3 is no longer a question because just the mention of “extending” results in the parents flipping out! How to prepare? When to start? GMAT! CIMA! When to study! How to find more than 24 hours in a day!

Before I can even start to plan these, there is the new role. I am rotating to a new role, which is commonly known as Hell in the company. Grueling hours, immense pressure and the lack of life are the USP of this job – but I took it nonetheless because my current job was getting stale. The new role also means great exposure and limelight – which is both scary and motivating! HOWEVER – the new boss (TNB) has very matter of fact-ly told me that I’m gonna have no time for anything in this role. Xonifer, when saying goodbye before the holidays had also told me “To tell the boyfriend not to worry, you won’t have time to cheat on him in your new role.” Not sure what’s more disturbing – that I won’t have time or that I am apparently cheating on him currently! Anyhoo, I digress. Problem at hand is – how to study for these exams if I’ll “have no time” for the next 18 months. Cannot extend because of the flipping out of parents – and marriage – and…you see how everything’s connected.

So, how is one supposed to figure out all of these and conquer the darned world at the same time?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

keep the faith in the allah.

Anonymous said...

he will grant u 25 hours in the day.

sherene said...

"So, how is one supposed to figure out all of these and conquer the darned world at the same time?"

:) now that's a good question, indeed. good luck with things, babe..new role sounds scary but i'm sure if anyone can do it, u'll do it better =)