Monday, June 4

A box full of sharp objects

I haven’t posted in a while, I realize. I’d like to think that’s because not much has happened, but in fact plenty has!

I need an apartment - I found one – I signed lease – paid deposit – found out the agent’s cheating me as another person has signed lease for the SAME place – went to police – asked for money back – got a cheque. I’ll find out tomorrow if I actually get my money back. Else, that’ll be some real hard earned money that I’ll have to chase.

The boy (knows as the boy, to many) is leaving the country to pursue, ahem, higher education. He’ll be gone in approximately two and half months. Some laughed when they found out, not because they are just mean hearted bastards, but because of the irony of this all. A previous relationship didn’t work due to the distance, and this one is going to test my patience with distance, again. They laughed, because when I date, I am treated like a princess, and then external forces ensure that this person is placed far far away from me. This time, even I laughed. So I wouldn’t cry.

I wonder if this is some conspiracy to teach me how to live alone and be independent. WELL, I PAY ALL MY EFFING BILLS AND RUN MY ERRANDS AND LEAD A LIFE W/O THE FAMILY. WHAT MORE DO I NEED TO LEARN?

*phew*

So anyhoo!

Since the house thing had be going bonkers for days (not having a place, and then being cheated in one), I have been eating too much, and drinking like they are about to ban alcohol for good! Next week, it’s time to say hi to the guys at the gym again!

One high point of the week was a Cuban (was it??) dinner, refreshing mojitos, a great band, and some wonderful company on a Friday night. I do have the nicest friends, mind you! They make you stop worrying about the world falling apart, the boy leaving, the lack of roof over your head, and your approaching poverty!

Friends leaving, friends getting married, friends turning into acquaintances. It’s all happening right here!

In some ways, I am happy that time is flying. It is letting me leave things behind – things I should have left behind a few stops before. But better late than ever, I always believe. The light-headedness and freedom that comes with this was long overdue! Travel light, why carry the extra baggage, that you know you neither need, nor can afford.

Which reminds me, in 4 days, I’ll be home, eating rich food, catching up with the little one, enjoying the feeling of being a complete family again, and indulging in all (most of) my vices.

Till then, its working hard, cursing the boss, apartment – hunting, and no alcohol!

I wish I could say not much has been happening!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cuban it was.

No alcohol is such a shame !

sherene said...

eeks, good luck with the house stuff. we still dont hv a house :(

and boy stuff. cosmic conspiracy, it seems!

Aesa said...

wow. same house cheatin thing happened to someone else i know in s'pore.. hope u got ur money back.

enjoy home :)

iksha said...

Anon,
It is! 1 weekend w/o alochol! we need to correct this immediately!

Sherene,
Thanks! I'm homeless, and conspired against! sobs! ;)

Aesa,
Yeah, I hope so too! I did enjoy home, and I threw a semi-tantrum upon leaving. Needless to say, it didnt help. I'm back. In Singapore. Ewww

TS said...

:-)

Long time.