Tuesday, January 2

Only Superstition

The New Year has been kick started in the best of ways!

The eve was spent cooking (yes, I repeat, cooking) Thai dinner with close friends, and savoring every bit of it. Next stop was the apartment 9 floors above ours – that of a friend’s, where we had planned the new years party. A house party on such occasions is the best - it prevents us from spending a majority of the evening in queues! I loved it all the more because when tired, all I had to do was get in the elevator and hit my floor – and tadaa! I’m home! Plenty of alcohol, music, flirting, dancing, and picture taking – not too bad a way to spend the new years eve I’d say! A private view of the fireworks from the balcony was the icing on the cake! The night stretched into the early hours of the day before I finally hit the elevator to go home! Needless to say, much of the first day of the year was spent in bed! But I woke up with a skip in my step – since my hair and I were smoke-smell free, and hangover free, respectively! The day ended on a good note, after a very pleasant date! *wink*

Day 2 has been just as great, if not better! (Although I had to get up as early as 930 am!) The Little Devil (LD) had asked us all out for ice skating, and so by 11 am, I was lacing up my skates and entering the rink after ages! (I’ve only been ice skating once before I my life) I am proud to announce that I fell only once, and at the end of the two hour session, I was not-so-gracefully skating across the rink without holding on to anything! We came out of the rink with huge grins, sore toes, and perhaps bruises that we’ll discover tomorrow! But the feeling of having taught yourself something, and falling, and picking up again, is amazing enough to compensate for the aching bums! Caught up with the girls about their India trip over lunch, and heard of the million and one fiascos that they’re responsible for.

I’m not superstitious, but I’d like to think that if the year started off so well, it’ll continue to be this great! Full of resolutions, promises, and over-ambitious plans, I look forward to the next 363 days as they unfold!

Cheers and a Happy New Year to all!

5 comments:

Shishir said...

highly optimistic and lively description...[aahh am jealous.!]...but then ur superstition would kill me..for some not-so-enticing turn-arounds in the very beginning of '07[i call it the bond year ;)], nevertheless...wishing you a very happy and successful year ahead...!
-keep smiling

TS said...

Yesh yesh yesh offcossly...

Usha said...

here's to being optimistic and not cynical this year :)

Aesa said...

you had a great time :)
and here's to many more great times in 2007 :)

happy new yr babe!

iksha said...

shishir,
thanks :) so far so good...

ts,
:)*fingers crossed*

usha,
cheers! we're far too young to be cynical, right?

aesa,
happy new year to you too! we need a tattoo date ;)