Thursday, December 21

Someday you'll know

A phoenix rises from its ashes. Us Leos are similar.

I, rise from my tears .

The great thing about being a Leo is the giant sized ego that comes as a package deal – thus making sure that even from the lowest of lows, they bounce right back, like the "Hit – Me" dolls. That’s because they don’t like self – pity, and loathe those who dare to be sympathetic, after hurting them.

So my words of wisdom to those who mistakingly think that their actions will change my life, are : "Get - Over - Yourself".

In.your.face!

Friends, we love. Friends, we’ll go whining to when it gets that low, make imaginary voodoo dolls with, bitch, and cry, and accept that supporting shoulder. But self-righteous people who hurt and then try to offer pity/help/care to heal – a big thanks but no thanks. We appreciate the intentions; allow me now, to show you the door.

It’s a matter of pride. It’s a Leo thing.

*a-n-y-h-o-o* so that’s that.

Mid – week margaritas are yumm! Add some sinful, cheese smothered nachos, great company, and endless bitching, and you have the perfect recipe to spend a rainy Tuesday evening, especially if the skies haven’t stopped leaking for almost 2 days!

Don’t get me wrong, I like the rain. I love the rain. But only when I can enjoy watching it from my bed, looking out of the window – not when I have to walk through it, get my new shoes wet, declare the umbrella to be utterly useless, stand in the longest queues for taxis, and sit in buses with leaking roofs. Ugh and double Ugh!

N what’s with the whole world getting married! It’s the new in thing?? All that anyone could talk about back in India was – who’s getting married next, who should hook up with who, and why I and others my age should start thinking about it right away! As happy as I am for the newly wed couple, I so don’t wanna be in their shoes anytime soon.

Actually, make that never. No, not saying I don’t wanna get married. I just don’t think I can do with a week of ceremonies, being on mute, listening to everyone, pasting a smile on your face, and not enjoying your own wedding. While all the guests seemed to have an awesome time, the poor bride and the groom just looked dead tired, and borderline irritated at the camera flashes, and never ending ceremonies. This opinion was expressed to the wedding-struck mother, and was received rather well. It’s a relief knowing that we both don’t this for me. Everything else was conveniently left hanging in mid-air. (else = when do u want to get married, to who, what are your plans, etc. etc. )

Someday mom, someday, sometime, somewhere, someone! Now THAT, is a plan!

6 comments:

iz said...

I have a Leo sister. And if she's anything to go by, you are one helluva firecracker!

Shishir said...

Someday we'll know
If love can move a mountain...
Someday we'll know
Why the sky is blue...
Someday we'll know
Why I wasn't meant for you...

From a track of- A Walk To Remember...

iksha said...

Iz,

Good to see you here! n Thanks :) I usually keep a low profile, but once in a while...;)

Shishir,

Yeah, that's the song the post was titled after!

Aesa said...

whose gettin married??
I have been wantin to go to a wedding for soo long! no one in my life seems to be gettin married :(

oh and i totally agree with the whole bride n grooom not really enjoyin the week long wedding!

mid week margaritas.. i wann! actually i will get! goin to Goa tomorrow :P

sherene said...

haha, that does sound like a brilliant plan actually :) hope you're having fun back home. i'm back in india...left on the same day as you.

iksha said...

Aesa,
My cousin just got married, went to India for that! Weddings are such fun!

Goa?? That beats mid-week margaritas any day! I won't be too wrong if I assume mid-day stoning n margaritas n more! ;) Have fun!

Sherene,
Home's great. Would you believe me if I said I'm too lazy to shop? Have a great time at home :)