Thursday, December 28

Nice and Slow

*Post from Dec 25th, 2006*

Its 11 pm and I’m watching corny Hindi movies in my pajamas, with my ever expanding ass parked comfortably on a big, warm couch. Before that, I was painting my toes a deep brown, matching the couch on which was posterior was slowly sinking in. Prior to that, the feet were soaked in warm water, and the ass was on the same old couch.

Judging from the number of times I mention the words couch and ass in the previous few sentences, one can guess how I’m spending these 5 days at home! *winkie*

Now this is life!

The uncomfortable topic has been opened and closed with the mom. Thankfully, she’s very understanding, and read the “I don’t wanna talk about it “expression on my face. She didn’t push further. I guess I wanted to get the talk over with, so that it wouldn’t loom over my head into the next year! checked off the list!

Sometimes, I wonder. If I want to live it easy, or tough. If I want it all, or just make do with what I have? If I want it all planned out, or take it as it comes?

Planning’s good because then you have a goal, a vision of where you are going, and what you’re working towards. The problem, however, is the frustration that comes every time something doesn’t go according to plan. And that always happens.

If I don’t have a plan, then the feeling of not knowing where it’s all going, and having no drive and passion, is unnerving.

A balance of the two is something one can spend their entire life trying to achieve.

Sigh – what’s a girl to do. Especially when she always thought that the concept of balance and equilibrium was always over rated anyways!

3 comments:

TS said...

I love the Tags: ASS, COUCH, LAZING

Ha!

You lazy ass you...

iksha said...

TS,
haha :) guilty as charged!
In my defense, errrr, isn't that what we're supposed to do when we go back home for a long weekend ;)

TS said...

I'm totally with you on that one!

Like COMPLETELY!

(I'm actually sounding excited at the thought of laziness!)