Friday, November 17

Bigger, Stronger

I spoke to someone today who is about to get married, and who was suffering from pre-nuptial anxiety attacks. About sharing a large part of your life with someone else. And I, had to calm this person down and highlight the merits of marriage and togetherness. The said person and I had just recently concluded that I am indeed afraid of commitments. We couldn’t help laughing at the fact that I, someone who can’t even commit to a tattoo because it is “too permanent” would calm someone’s nerves and convince them that getting married would be the best thing that’s happened to them.

Later, this person remarked that “Maybe you are only afraid on the surface, but deep inside, you believe in marriage, and commitment, that’s why you could convince me.” To which, I very confidently said, “I am a very persuasive person. This is nothing personal. Now, go do something useful! ”

On a totally disconnected note,

Is it true, what they say? Time does heal most things.

All – I wouldn’t agree. But most, yes.

Or maybe it doesn’t heal them, but makes us stronger, to confront the past, and, sometimes, even the future.

2 comments:

sherene said...

oooh, who's getting married?

Aesa said...

yes, whose gettin married? not that i would know the person!

Time does heal a lot. makes us stronger to confront some stuff, and makes us forget other stuff.
I dunno about you, time has helped me heal a lot of times.

p.s. so u are commitment phobic? we do have a lot in common!