Monday, May 29

Edit. Save. Shift Delete.

I want the arrow keys to go back to something that was said or done previously. I want a backspace key to delete, and an insert key to type over, as many times as I wish to. I want to save the changes, only after all the mistakes have been corrected and actions, undone. I don't want any signs of the previous errors on this document.
I want to space out and indent events so that it’s one clearly formatted and aligned document. What I don't want is a piece of paper that has multiple scribbles, doodles and words that have been scratched out later, in a vain attempt of damage control. Because they are still there, beneath the frantic scratches, that never conceal them completely. No, correction tape would not do either, its transparent when held against the light. Completely see through.
I want classy fonts, wide margins, and endless white space, to write it out the way I want. I want it to look pleasing to the eye, my eyes. Justified, bulleted, numbered, double spaced. I want to highlight and underline the significant ones and italicize the unique, eccentric ones.
I want to double click on the words I hate. And with one hit on a key, I want to wipe them away.
Delete. Words. Sentences. Paragraphs. Documents.
I want to be able to delete and send to recycle bin. Keep them there, just in case.
And when they become too hard to deal with, I want to be able to empty the recycle bin and make space.

Or perhaps, just shift + delete them in the first place.

No comments: