Monday, February 6

...The lonely street of dreams

I had a series of strange dreams last night, which featured me struggling in a flood, an earthquake, a landslide, and several other disasters, which I cannot fully recall. All this took place on the university campus, and yet, there wasn’t a single face I recognized. There was however a kid, who somehow knew the way out of every situation, and we barely escaped each time. I remember racing against a huge wave, and frantically running up a staircase to reach level 7 of E3 - a block in the engineering faculty. It makes no sense, the never ending staircase, and the tidal wave that managed to chase us up the stairs, methodically climbing each flight. The growing staircase then gave way to a clearing, rather abruptly, and all was dry. I looked around and found myself alone again, walking down the road leading to the hall I lived in during my freshmen year. This road, and block E3 are on far ends of the campus, btw. I'd barely caught my breath when I bumped into my parents, who were out for an evening walk, right outside my dorm, as if it’s the most natural thing for them to do. I treied to tell them that its unsafe to be out, the floods, the landslides, everything, and that they should not go down the road. They paid no attention to what I said, and were just relieved to see me, because I’d been gone too long. (again, makes no sense)


The boy has disappeared by now. Oh, we’d met in the most unexpected place too; I’d found him sitting on top of a bus stop shelter. How appropriate, considering the absurdity of the dream. What's more disturbing is that I don’t remember a single thing about his face.

I tried to analyze the symbols and their significance but couldn't piece it together, at all. Couldn't find a more ill - fitting puzzle!!!

A little surfing revealed some answers, although none that satisfy me. Here is what they say about Natural Disasters in your dreams. If anything, this just left me more unnerved and restless than before!


Oh well, lets see what’s featured tonight.

No comments: