Friday, December 23

Peace...

I was strangely at peace yesterday...

Its *strange* because I dont remember the last time I felt just peaceful or content without having something nagging me in the back of my head.

Slept in late cuz it was so cold! Woke up n awesome breakfast...away from the computer...TV in the background, n read "Veronika Decides to Die" by Paulo Coehlo. Its not as depressing as it sounds, but it was a rather slow n heavy read. But at several points in the book, I found myself so thankful for everything I have, n every minute of my life. I guess once you put on the shoes of someone (Veronika) who had only a week left to live, you'd find a lot in ur life that ur grateful for.

Life seemed beautiful!

Pleasant weather...Mom Dad n bro, the whole family around the dinner table...a loving family at home.

Email from someone who can make you feel so special n so loved!
Talking to friends..., some, after months...n we picked up from exactly where we left..

others, who I'll be meeting back in Singapore soon

All in all, I was content...I had no complaints...just a smile on my face. Slept oh so peacefully too.

Its either the weather or the food or being home or being in a Buddhist country! :)

Either way, it was a welcome break from the otherwise tangled n anxious mind of mine. It was like living life on a pause. Sortaa like meditation, except longer...

Effortless existence...just what I'd wanted.

It didnt last too long...simplicity never does...But it was good while it lasted.

Oh n I started a list of random things I really wanna do at some point in life. So far

  • wear war paint on my face n watch a live game in a stadium...soccer? football?? anything :
  • lie down in the grass next to a runway n watch a plane take off right above me
  • be part of a piece of music...write it, play it, anything...
will add more random things as they occur to me!

1 comment:

sherene said...

This is a preview of what comes in the new year resolutions? :) Enjoy ur hols!